full size.png

D64196

South Moor Colliery

Annfield Plain

54.852348,-1.727676

Morrison Busty Colliery

Morrison Pit

Opened:

1927

Closed:

1973

Redeveloped

Condition:

Last Updated:

21 Jan 2022

Owners: 

Holmside & Southmoor Collieries Ltd. (1930s), National Coal Board (1947 -)

HER Info (unless otherwise noted)

Ordnance Survey, 1954

Ordnance Survey, 1954

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Morrison Busty Pit, 1915. Source: William Nell, Facebook

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png

Version 1.0