top of page
full size.png

D6412

Crow Trees Colliery

Coxhoe

54.731339,-1.486577

Vale Pit

Opened:

Closed:

Unknown

bef. 1894

Entry Created:

2 Nov 2021

Last Updated:

2 Nov 2021

Partly Preserved

Condition:

Owners: 

Messrs. William Hedley & Sons (1830s), Robson & Jackson (1850s), J. Morrison & Co. (1860s)

Description (or HER record listing)

These are the remains of colliery buildings at Crow Trees colliery.

Ordnance Survey, 1898

Ordnance Survey, 1898

Crow Trees Colliery, 1840, J Wood. Source: Beamish Museum Collection

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page