top of page
full size.png

D60073

Adelaide Colliery

Shildon

54.640812,-1.655926

Jane Pit

Opened:

Closed:

1830

1925

Entry Created:

18 Oct 2021

Last Updated:

18 Oct 2021

Redeveloped

Condition:

Owners: 

Joseph Pease & Partners (1850s - 1880s), Pease & Partners (1880s - 1900s), West Durham Wallsend Coal Co Ltd. (1900s - 1920s), Pease & Partners Ltd. (1920s -)

Description (or HER record listing)

The location of Adelaide Colliery however by 1894, the colliery was out of use.

Ordnance Survey, 1898

Ordnance Survey, 1898

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page