full size.png

D55472B

South Garesfield Colliery

Rowlands Gill

54.907911,-1.751181

Friarside or North Lintz Colliery

Beaumont Drift

Opened:

1865

Closed:

1960

Reclaimed

Condition:

Last Updated:

11 Nov 2021

Owners: 

Mrs C. M. Richardson (1880s), South Garesfield Colliery Co. Ltd. (1890s), National Coal Board (1947 -)

HER Info (unless otherwise noted)

Also known as South Garesfield Colliery and North Lintz colliery. Opened in 1765, closed 1960.(1) Mapped points are for the drifts and a demolished colliery house.

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png

Version 1.0