South Garesfield Colliery
Friarside or North Lintz Colliery
11 Nov 2021
Mrs C. M. Richardson (1880s), South Garesfield Colliery Co. Ltd. (1890s), National Coal Board (1947 -)
HER Info (unless otherwise noted)
Also known as South Garesfield Colliery and North Lintz colliery. Opened in 1765, closed 1960.(1) Mapped points are for the drifts and a demolished colliery house.
Ordnance Survey, 1898
South Garesfield Colliery, 1892. Source: Beamish Museum Jack Uren Collection
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.