Framwellgate Moor Colliery
8 Nov 2021
Northern Coal Mining Co. (1830s), J. Bell & Hunter (1850s), Lord Londonderry (1860s), Jacques, Stevenson & Co. (1870s), Framwellgate Coal Co. (1880s)
This site was formerly Framwellgate Colliery (1837-1924), where coal, coke and firebricks were produced. After the colliery closed in 1924 the site was used as a council depot.
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us