Black Boy Colliery
20 Oct 2021
Nicholas Wood & Co. (1830), Black Boy Coal Co. (1860s), Bolckow, Vaughan & Co. Ltd. (1880s), Dorman Long (1929 -)
Black Boy Colliery (Gurney Pit) is labelled on the first edition Ordnance Survey map of 1857. The pit was sited at the eastern end of the Black Boy Railway incline. The pit is marked as disused on the 1938-1950 edition. It has since been reclaimed and is now a field/woodland plantation.
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us