Bearpark Coal Mine
18 Oct 2021
In 1465, William Herynger and his associates, sank at pit and built an aqueduct for the purposes of extracting coal at the Bearpark Estate. The records indicate that Herynger and Co. were paid for coal extraction at the pit until 1470 when reference to the mine ceases (1). The exact location and extent of the mine is not known.
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us