top of page
full size.png

D3649

Bishop Middleham Colliery

Bishop Middleham

54.675203,-1.479717

Opened:

Closed:

1846

1936

Entry Created:

18 Oct 2021

Last Updated:

18 Oct 2021

Reclaimed

Condition:

Owners: 

Bolckow, Vaughan & Co. Ltd. (1880s), Dorman Long (1923 -)

Description (or HER record listing)

Bishop Middleham Colliery was in use from 1845 and was owned by Dorman Long and Co, who also owned Island Farm. It was eventually amalgamated with Mainsforth Colliery.

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page