full size.png

D3026

Sherburn House Colliery

Sherburn

54.767643,-1.502165

North Pit

Opened:

1844

Closed:

1935

Reclaimed

Condition:

Last Updated:

10 Jan 2022

Owners: 

Earl of Durham (1850s), Lambton Collieries Ltd. (1896)

HER Info (unless otherwise noted)

This was the site of Sherburn House Colliery.

Ordnance Survey, 1898

Ordnance Survey, 1898

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Sherburn House Colliery, undated. Source: Durham Mining Communities, Facebook

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png

Version 1.0