top of page
full size.png

D2965

Dean and Chapter Colliery

Ferryhill

54.691564,-1.563136

Opened:

Closed:

1904

1966

Entry Created:

2 Nov 2021

Last Updated:

2 Nov 2021

Redeveloped

Condition:

Owners: 

Bolckow Vaughan (1904), Dorman Long (1929), National Coal Board (1947 -)

Description (or HER record listing)

This is the site of Dean and Chapter Colliery. The site has now been demolished and there are no remains to be seen.

Ordnance Survey, 1923

Ordnance Survey, 1923

Dean and Chapter Colliery, undated. Source: Durham Mining Communities, Facebook

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page