top of page
full size.png

D16635

Deaf Hill Colliery

Trimdon

54.723399,-1.408399

Opened:

Closed:

1877

1967

Entry Created:

2 Nov 2021

Last Updated:

2 Nov 2021

Reclaimed

Condition:

Owners: 

Trimdon Coal Co. (1877 - 1947), National Coal Board (1947 -)

Description (or HER record listing)

Sunk in 1877 by Trimdon & Coal Co. with a single pit. Shown on historic map and includes coke overns, clay pits and gas works. Closed in 1967

Ordnance Survey, 1898

Ordnance Survey, 1898

Deaf Hill Colliery, 1930s. Source: Durham County Council

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page