Clarence Hetton Colliery
1 Nov 2021
Durham County Coal Co. (1830s), James Morrison & Co. (1860s -)
Started in 1839 and eventually running three pits. Owned by Durham County coal in 1830s and by James
Morrison & Co. in the 1960s. Closed down on 1933 after previously being disused, as seen on a historic map.
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us