East Hetton Colliery
5 Nov 2021
East Hetton Coal Co. (1936), Walter Scott Ltd (1880), East Hetton Collieries Ltd (1935), National Coal Board (1947 -)
HER Info (unless otherwise noted)
Colliery first sunk in 1836 by East Hetton Coal Co. with a single pit. Owned by Walter Scott Ltd in 1880, by East Hetton Collieries Ltd in 1935, and by the National Coal Board in 1947. Closed in 1983 (1-3).
Ordnance Survey, 1898
East Hetton Colliery, undated. Source: East Hetton Colliery, Facebook
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.