top of page
full size.png

D16145

Cassop Colliery

Cassop

54.738190,-1.465155

Vale Pit

Opened:

Closed:

1840

1868

Entry Created:

22 Oct 2021

Last Updated:

22 Oct 2021

Redeveloped

Condition:

Owners: 

R. P. Philipson (1850s), Edward Robinson & Co. (1870s)

Description (or HER record listing)

Opened 1840 with a single pit. Owned by R. P. Philipson in the 1850s, then by Edward Robinson & Co. in the 1870s. Served by New Cassop (1-2).

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page