Sherburn Hill Colliery
1831 or 1835
22 Dec 2021
Earl of Durham (1835), Lambton Collieries (1890s), Sit. B Samuelson & Co. (1914), Dorman Long (1923), National Coal Board (1947 -)
HER Info (unless otherwise noted)
Opened 1831 and later formed part of Lambton Collieries Ltd. Ran two shafts and worked Busty, Five Quarter, Main Coal seams. Closed 1964.
Sherburn Hill Colliery, date unknown. Source: Durham Mining Communities, Facebook
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.