top of page
full size.png

D16060

Littletown Colliery

Pittington

54.785572,-1.475846

Lambton Colliery

Lady Alice Pit / Lord Lambton Pit

Opened:

Closed:

1831

1914

Entry Created:

29 Nov 2021

Last Updated:

29 Nov 2021

Reclaimed

Condition:

Owners: 

Earl of Durham (1831), Lambton Collieries Ltd (1896), Sir B. Samuelson & Co. Ltd. (1910s)

Description (or HER record listing)

Identified on historic map as Lambton Colliery, but also known as Littletown Colliery. Opened 1831 and ran three pits including H16059. This is the engine pit without an associated incline.

Ordnance Survey, 1898

Ordnance Survey, 1898

Littletown Colliery, undated. Source: gallica.bnf.fr

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page