top of page
full size.png

D16059

Littletown Colliery

Pittington

54.791696,-1.477414

Lambton Colliery

Engine Pit

Opened:

Closed:

1831

1914

Entry Created:

1 Dec 2021

Last Updated:

1 Dec 2021

Reclaimed

Condition:

Owners: 

Earl of Durham (1831), Lambton Collieries Ltd (1896), Sir B. Samuelson & Co. Ltd. (1910s)

Description (or HER record listing)

Appears as Lambton Main Engine on historic map, but may also be Engine Pit shaft.

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page