top of page
full size.png

D16058C

Pittington Colliery

Pittington

54.792014,-1.481356

North Pittington Colliery

Londonderry Pit

Opened:

Closed:

1828

1891

Entry Created:

20 Dec 2021

Last Updated:

20 Dec 2021

Reclaimed

Condition:

Owners: 

Lady Londonderry (1850s), North Hetton & Co. (1860s)

Description (or HER record listing)

Opened 1828, and had three main shafts by late 19th century. Latter two shafts appear on historic map.

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page