full size.png

D16058B

Pittington Colliery

Pittington

54.790213,-1.485337

North Pittington Colliery

Buddle Pit

Opened:

1820

Closed:

1891

Reclaimed

Condition:

Last Updated:

20 Dec 2021

Owners: 

Lady Londonderry (1850s), North Hetton & Co. (1860s)

HER Info (unless otherwise noted)

Opened 1820, and had three main shafts by late 19th century. Latter two shafts appear on historic map.

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png

Version 1.0