top of page
full size.png

D15914

Beamish Colliery

Stanley

54.871318,-1.670350

East Stanley Pit

Opened:

Closed:

1863

1933

Entry Created:

20 Jan 2022

Last Updated:

20 Jan 2022

Reclaimed

Condition:

Owners: 

Burn & Co. (1850s), James Joicey & Co. (1860s), Lambton, Hetton & Joicey Collieries Ltd. (1930s)

Description (or HER record listing)

The site of a colliery noted in a desk-based assessment. Known to date 19th-20th centuries. The site was noted from the historical OS maps.

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page