top of page
full size.png

D15912C

Craghead Colliery

Craghead

54.853190,-1.661617

George Pit

Opened:

Closed:

1839

1969

Entry Created:

20 Jan 2022

Last Updated:

20 Jan 2022

Reclaimed

Condition:

Owners: 

Messrs. Hedley (1850s), Hedley Bros (1860s), Holmside & Southmoor Collieries Ltd. (1910s), National Coal Board (1947 -)

Description (or HER record listing)

The site of a colliery noted in a desk-based assessment. Known to date from 1839-1969 The site was noted from the historical OS maps.

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page