top of page
full size.png

D15911

South Tanfield Colliery

Stanley

54.864318,-1.719891

Opened:

Closed:

1837

1915

Entry Created:

20 Jan 2022

Last Updated:

20 Jan 2022

Reclaimed

Condition:

Owners: 

Joseph Smith & Co. (1830s), James Joicey & Co, (1860s)

Description (or HER record listing)

The site of a colliery noted in a desk-based assessment. Known to date from 1837-1915 (1)

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page