full size.png

c018a

Chirm Colliery

Longhorsley

55.256455, -1.855397

Chirm Pit

Opened:

Unknown

Closed:

1927

Reclaimed

Condition:

Last Updated:

16 Jun 2022

Owners: 

John Straker (1860s), Thomas Temple (1880s), Brinkburn Coal Co. (1910s)

HER Info (unless otherwise noted)

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png

Version 1.0