top of page
full size.png

byk01d

Byker, Stag Pit

Byker

54.967374, -1.571270

Opened:

Closed:

Unknown

pre-1850s

Entry Created:

5 Mar 2024

Last Updated:

5 Mar 2024

Redeveloped

Condition:

Owners: 

Description (or HER record listing)

NEHL - The Stag Pit was located to the south east of the Byker Waggonway, which originally led through Byker then Walker, but later led up to Heaton Banks. This was one of a cluster in this area featured on William Donkin's map of 1767, produced for Sir Henry Lawson.

The site is approximate, but it is likely to be under the allotments on Walker Road. There is no visible trace of this working.

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page