top of page
full size.png

bell01a

Hareshaw Head Colliery

Bellingham

55.188579, -2.250008

Opened:

Closed:

Unknown

1951

Entry Created:

23 Jun 2022

Last Updated:

23 Jun 2022

Reclaimed

Condition:

Owners: 

Joseph Armstrong (1850s), J. & B. Armstrong (1880s), J. & E. M. Armstrong (1910s), J. Armstrong & Son. (1940s)

Description (or HER record listing)

NEHL - This colliery operated at either side of the road, utilising a small tramway and two shafts. There were two heaps as well as a row of colliery houses for the workers. There are also shafts further east which may be related.

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page