Lobley Hill, Gateshead
3 Sept 2021
14 Oct 2021
Priestman Collieries (1924 - 1947), National Coal Board (1947 -)
Description (or HER record listing)
Opened in 1924, closed on 20 August 1964. Owned by Priestman Colleries LTD until 1947 when the National Coal Board took over.
Watergate Colliery, undated, Source: Sunniside History Society
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.
Historic Maps provided by