Derwent Crook Colliery
Low Fell, Gateshead
3 Sept 2021
Lord Ravensworth & Co. (1840s -)
HER Info (unless otherwise noted)
Opened before 1746. There were two other pits - George Pit (NZ 253 595) and Thomas Pit (NZ 252 599). Owned by Lord Ravensworth & Partners. In 1819 a boring was put down below Low Main Seam to the Beaumont and Lower Coal Seams.
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.