full size.png

6927

Bryans Leap Colliery

Rowlands Gill, Gateshead

54.916653,-1.740351

Opened:

Closed:

Reclaimed

Condition:

Last Updated:

3 Sept 2021

Owners: 

Barcus Close Co. Ltd (1930s - 1947), National Coal Board (1947 -)

HER Info (unless otherwise noted)

Closed in 1950. The owners were Barcus Close Coal Company Ltd, and then from 1947 the National Coal Board.

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png

Version 1.0