3 Sept 2021
Earl of Durham (1820 - 1896), Lambton Collieries Ltd (1896 - 1910s), Labton & Hetton Collieries Ltd. (1910s - 1930s), Lambton, Hetton & Joicey Collieries Ltd. (1930s - 1947), National Coal Board (1947 -)
Shown on Ordnance Survey first edition map of 1850. Bournmoor Colliery was opened in 1790 and closed on 27 February 1965. C Pit opened in 1791. The owner in the 1820s was the Earl of Durham. In 1896 it was owned by Lambton Colleries Ltd, then Lambton and Hetton Colleries Ltd, then Lambton, Hetton and Joicey Colleries Ltd and the National Coal Board from 1947.
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us