8 Sept 2021
Bell & Brandling (1850s), Joshua Bower (1860s), Owners of Burradon & Coxlodge Collieries (1880s), N.G Lambert & Co. (1880s)
HER Info (unless otherwise noted)
Opened before 1821, closed 1894. Coxlodge Colliery had three pits Bower Pit, Jubilee or North Pit and Regent or Engine Pit. Owners of the colliery in the 1850s were Bell and Brandling, then Joshua Bower, then Burradon and Coxlodge Colliers, and lastly NG Lambert & Co. An explosion on 6 March 1863 killed 19 people.
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.