top of page
full size.png

6907

Andrews House Colliery

Marley Hill

54.908226,-1.681506

Opened:

Closed:

1840

1920

Entry Created:

3 Sept 2021

Last Updated:

17 Apr 2022

Reclaimed

Condition:

Owners: 

John Bowes & Co. (1843 - 1860s), Marley Hill Coal Co. (1860s), John Bowes & Partners (1880s -)

Description (or HER record listing)

Opened in 1843, closed December 1920. Owners were John Bowes and Partners Ltd, later John Bowes & Co (Bowes, Hiltt, Wood and Charles M Palmer), lastly Marley Hill Coal Company.

Ordnance Survey, 1898

Ordnance Survey, 1898

Andrews House Colliery, undated. Source: tanfield-railway.blogspot.com

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Aerial view of the Andrews House Colliery site, 2022.

Aerial view of the Andrews House Colliery site, 2022.

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page