8 Sept 2021
John Bowes & Partners Ltd. (1890s), Dunston Garsfield Collieries Ltd. (1940s -)
HER Info (unless otherwise noted)
Shown on 2nd edition Ordnance Survey map. Opened in 1875, closed in 1876, reopened in 1891 and finally closed for the last time in December 1947. It was opened by John Bowes & Partners Ltd, and later owned by Dunston Garesfield Colleries Ltd.
Ordnance Survey, 1898
Dunston Colliery, date unknown. Source: Ken Fitzpatrick, Facebook
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.