3 Sept 2021
6 Sept 2021
Lambert & Co. (1850s), Walker Coal Co. Ltd. (1890s)
Description (or HER record listing)
East Pit (Coal). Shown on Oliver's Plan of 1840. Marked as an Old Shaft on the 2nd edition OS mapping. Walker Colliery opened before 1765 and closed in 1920. Owners were Lambert & Co (1850s), N.G. Lambert & Co and then Walker Coal Company Ltd.
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.
Historic Maps provided by