top of page
full size.png

4200

Walker Colliery

Walker, Newcastle

54.969484,-1.542929

Jane Pit

Opened:

Closed:

Entry Created:

3 Sept 2021

Last Updated:

6 Sept 2021

Redeveloped

Condition:

Owners: 

Lambert & Co. (1850s), Walker Coal Co. Ltd. (1890s)

Description (or HER record listing)

Jane Pit (Coal). Walker Colliery opened before 1765 and closed in 1920. Owners were Lambert & Co (1850s), N.G. Lambert & Co and then Walker Coal Company Ltd. Jane Pit opened in 1790.

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page