5 Sept 2021
James Potts (1820s), Dalton & Co. (1850s)
HER Info (unless otherwise noted)
Middle Pit and spoil heap are shown on the 1st edition OS. It is marked as Disused on the 2nd edition OS mapping, so was out of use by 1895. This is presumably Heaton Colliery C Pit which was opened in 1805.
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.