top of page
full size.png

4071

Delaval Benwell Colliery

Benwell, Newcastle

54.967731,-1.674223

Opened:

Closed:

Entry Created:

3 Sept 2021

Last Updated:

8 Sept 2021

Redeveloped

Condition:

Owners: 

John O. Scott (1860s -)

Description (or HER record listing)

Delaval Colliery (Coal) appears on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey plan and is named Delaval Benwell Colliery on the 2nd edition Ordnance Survey plan. Closed in 1901. Its owner was John O. Scott.

Ordnance Survey, 1898

Ordnance Survey, 1898

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page