Ravensworth Ann Colliery
3 Sept 2021
5 Sept 2021
W. W. Burdon & Co. (1850s), W.W. Burdon (1860s), Charles Perkins & Partners (1900s), Birtley Iron Co. (1910s), Pelaw Main Collieries Ltd. (1940s), National Coal Board (1947 -)
Description (or HER record listing)
Street Pit (Coal). Ravensworth Ann Colliery (or Team Colliery) opened in 1726 and closed in 1973. Owners were WW Burdon, then AE Burdon, then Charles Perkins & Partners, Birtley Iron Company, Pelaw Main Colleries Ltd, then from 1947 the National Coal Board.
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.
Historic Maps provided by