Sheriff Hill Colliery
Sheriff Hill, Gateshead
Ellison Main Colliery
3 Sept 2021
5 Sept 2021
R. Foster & Co (1860s -)
Description (or HER record listing)
Historic Ordnance Survey map evidence shows the location of Fanny Pit (Coal). Part of Sheriff Hill Colliery, which opened in the 1780s and closed in 1895.
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.
Historic Maps provided by