Ravensworth Shop Team Colliery
4 Sept 2021
W. W. Burdon & Co. (1850s), W.W. Burdon (1860s), Charles Perkins & Partners (1900s), Birtley Iron Co. (1910s), Pelaw Main Collieries Ltd. (1940s), National Coal Board (1947 -)
HER Info (unless otherwise noted)
Allerdean Colliery was working by 1726 when the Team Wagonway reached it, (SMR 3741). Owners from the 1850s were WW Burdon, W Barkus, junior & Co, Charles Perkins and Partners, Birtley Iron Works, Pelaw Main Colleries Ltd and in 1947 NCB. Also known as Ravensworth Shop, Team Colliery.
Ordnance Survey, 1898
Ravensworth Colliery, unknown, Ravensworth Colliery Facebook page
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.