Beams Wheels Pit
8 Sept 2021
Edward Hogg (1880s), Atherton & Snowdon (1890s)
HER Info (unless otherwise noted)
Farnacres Colliery was served by the Team Colliery Wagonway (SMR 3741). Also called Beams Wheels Pit. Sinking began in 1840. Owned by Hogg, Atherton and Snowdon. On 23 October 1840 5 people drowned in the pit.
Ordnance Survey, 1862
Farnacres Cottages with colliery nearby. Source: gatesheadhistory.com
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.