full size.png

3734

Norwood Colliery

Dunston, Gateshead

54.950987,-1.634846

Lady Pit

Redeveloped

Last Updated:

5 Sept 2021

Owners: 

John Bowes & Co. (1850s - 1900s), Dunston, Norwood & Swalwell Garesfield Coal Co. (1900s), Dunston Garesfield Collieries Ltd. (1900s -)

HER Info

Norwood Colliery, Lady Pit. Opened in the 1850s by John Bowes & Co. Later owned by John Bowes & Partners Ltd, then Dunston, Norwood and Swalwell Garesfield Coal Co., and lastly Dunston Garesfield Colleries Ltd.

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png

Version 1.0