full size.png

3532

Tyne Main Colliery

Gateshead

54.958604,-1.583236

Engine Pit

Redeveloped

Last Updated:

5 Sept 2021

Owners: 

Losh & Co. (1850s), George Elliott & Co. (1860s -)

HER Info

The Tyne Main Colliery was served by two Wagonways (HER refs. 3522 & 3533). This was a Grand Allies/Ellison venture, sunk in 1798.

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png

Version 1.0