Blaydon Main Colliery
3 Sept 2021
6 Sept 2021
G.H Ramsay (1850s), Messrs. Ramsay & Co (1860s), George H. Ramsay & Son (1880s), Stella Coal Co. (1880s -)
Description (or HER record listing)
Historic Ordnance Survey map evidence shows that Blaydon Main Colliery was served by the Blaydon Main Wagonway (HER ref. 3442). This is possibly the Mary Pit, known from documentary evidence which opened after 1853 and closed before 1895.
Ordnance Survey, 1898
Works Photograph, date unknown. Source: Science Museum Group
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.
Historic Maps provided by