top of page
full size.png

3142

Bournmoor Colliery

Fencehouses, Sunderland

54.848396,-1.509854

Lambton Colliery

William Henry Pit

Opened:

Closed:

Unknown

Unknown

Entry Created:

3 Sept 2021

Last Updated:

4 Jun 2022

Redeveloped

Condition:

Owners: 

Earl of Durham (1820 - 1896), Lambton Collieries Ltd (1896 - 1910s), Labton & Hetton Collieries Ltd. (1910s - 1930s), Lambton, Hetton & Joicey Collieries Ltd. (1930s - 1947), National Coal Board (1947 -)

Description (or HER record listing)

Historic Ordnance Survey map evidence shows the William Henry Pit at this location.

Ordnance Survey, 1898

Ordnance Survey, 1898

Aerial view of William Henry Pit, which was in the centre of the shot.

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page