full size.png

2615

Washington Colliery

Washington

54.906307,-1.552663

Mill Pit

Redeveloped

Last Updated:

3 Sept 2021

Owners: 

W. Russell (1780s), Washington Coal Co. (1850s), William Stobart (1880s), Washington Coal Co. Ltd. (1890s)

HER Info

Mill Pit is marked as an ‘Old Coal Pit’ on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey plan, so was probably out of use by 1857.

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png

Version 1.0