Blaydon Main Colliery
3 Sept 2021
6 Sept 2021
Description (or HER record listing)
The Milner Pit is not marked on the first edition Ordnance Survey plan (c.1855), but does appear on the second edition in 1896. It exploited the Hodge or Camel Seam. It had disappeared by 1919.
Ordnance Survey, 1898
Works Photograph, date unknown. Source: Science Museum Group
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.
Historic Maps provided by