full size.png

1170

Willington Colliery

Wallsend, North Tyneside

55.00178,-1.50292

Millbank Pit

Redeveloped

Last Updated:

3 Sept 2021

Owners: 

HER Info

Millbank Pit appears on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey Map but is not shown on the 2nd edition, so had presumably ceased operations by 1894/5. Opened on 23 February 1775 by Messrs Bell & Co.

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png

Version 1.0