Dudley, North Tyneside
8 Sept 2021
The 1st edition Ordnance Survey Map shows a Gin within the colliery. The 2nd edition Ordnance Survey Map shows an expansion of colliery buildings and spoil heaps. The colliery opened in 1854 and closed in 1977.
Ordnance Survey, 1898
Dudley Colliery, 1940. Source: Billy Embleton, Flickr.
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us