top of page
og1.png

er01

Cricket

Rainton Burn, Cricket Ground

54.835108, -1.478471

East Rainton

Opened:

1849

Closed:

1896

Reclaimed

Condition:

Home Teams/Clubs:

Last Updated:

29 Jul 2022

East Rainton CC

HER Description

Thanks to East Rainton Cricket Club (@eastrainton_cc) for providing invaluable information on the Cricket Ground which has not been covered too much online.

NEHL - This cricket ground was in use from 1849 for East Rainton CC. Facilities were basic and the 1860s Ordnance Survey does not depict any specific facilities. The council had bought the land for the Glebe Sewage Disposal Works in the 1890s so the cricket club (then named Hazard Colliery Cricket Club) moved to the current Hazard ground just south.

Ordnance Survey

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

logosite.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page